If you can't find what you are looking for on our website then here are some useful sites that could help you.
- This is aimed at SMEs. It has a clear and simple design and combines news with practical advice. There's plenty of practical advice in a no-nonsense style.
- An independent organisation aiming to foster success in young people to start and develop their own businesses. Also hosts a national competition for start-ups to accelerate young business ideas. Free advice for 16 to 30 year olds.
- A comprehensive website dedicated to new businesses.
- Provides the latest information on how Shell Livewire assists people aged 16-30 who are looking to start their own business.
- This is the site of the British Chamber of Commerce, the national voice of local business providing a range of services including international trade, training and cost-effective commercial services.
- The Federation of Small Business is the leading political lobby for British small business.
- Home of the online version of the Yellow Pages. Search by keywords and browse by category. A hugely impressive site with massive investment.
- A website designed for the accountancy community providing accounting and taxation information.
- This site aims to tell you "everything" about the UK government.
- Advice from HMRC for small businesses and those going self-employed. It's surprisingly helpful and full of useful information.
- This provides information for limited companies, including name searches and basic company information.
- The Department for Business Innovation and Skills.
- Government health and safety advice.
- This is the site of the National Statistics Office. It's updated regularly.
- The world's most used search engine
- Microsoft's popular search engine.
- A very popular search engine.
- Up to the minute news, information and analysis.
- Find the latest news on the BBC's website.